If you're using our cPanel email service and are having difficulty sending and receiving email you may need to verify and update your email setting in your email client software.
Your email client software should be configured as follows:
User name: [your full email address] (for example, email@example.com)
Password: [your password]
Incoming server: mail.[your-domain-name]
Incoming port: 143 (for IMAP) or 995 (for POP3)
Outgoing server: mail.[your-domain-name]
Outgoing port: 465
Authentication is required for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP.
(Note: this setup information is also available within your cPanel Email Account screen at http://yourdomain.com/cpanel )
For reference we have included the setup steps for Outlook 2010. Other email clients will use a similar process.
- Open Outlook.
- Click File, then Account Settings....
- Select your email account to review the settings and click Change.
- Under Login Information, verify your Password and your User Name.
Under User Information, verify your E-mail Address. Under Server Information verify the Incoming mail server and Outgoing mail server.
- Click on More Settings....
- Click on Outgoing Server tab. Check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Select Use same setting as my incoming mail server option. See the screen below.
Click on Advanced tab and enter the following settings under Server Port Numbers:
- Outgoing server (SMTP) - 465.
- For IMAP accounts: Incoming server (IMAP) - 143.
- For POP3 accounts: Incoming server (POP) - 995.
- Save your settings.